Thursday, October 25, 2012

Calimocho Artsy Farts

Last night, TreyBabe and I had Noche De Arte involving a student exhibit at the GA Art Museum

HOW IT WENT...in 3..2..1

Treybabe arrived at la casa de horseys at 6:15 sharp. Gotta go, got-to-go, free wine. I was SOLD so we rush to Betty White (his golden cougar of a car) and speed down old Oconee Street in hopes that the Cabernet gods have not forsaken us and left a couple drops.

We arrive, bid Betty adieu and march in. The wine locust  (artsy fartsy regulars) are SwarMinggggg. We push and shove our way to the front to find that there are bottles on deckkk. Cabernet to thee we pray. yay. The bartender asks us to pick our poison and I see that they have coke, as well. I am immediately whisked back to the beach days of Barcelona. One succulent word comes to the brain!  I vomit it out I am so excited. CALIMOCHOOOO

Coke+Vino. Ahhhh.

But the bartender is not versed in the way of Spanish beverage and he gets skittish. Like a big horse. "Splash of cab and a splash of coke," I say to the good man. But he is shaking and sweaty and he screws the proportions. No ya estamos en Espana, Dorothy" Tisk.Tisk. We are left with coke-garnished wine. But alteast it is gratis.

Calimocho shenanigans aside, it was a cool exhibit. And Trey's friends had some great stuff to showcase. I snapped some shots of my fave three so if you know em give em a shoutout cuz these pups are seriously talented.



Elizabeth Kleene,
acrylic & oil on panel

















Michelle Fontaine, oil on panel


Tyler Leslie,
wood
























Ciao, Ciao. Off to Charlottesville , VA to see the baby sis for the weekend. See ya soon steedbabes





No comments:

Post a Comment