Friday, September 23, 2011

Spotting the Brown-Spotted Nanner

 I'm temper-trapped on a Love Lost binge.

Love Love by the Temper Trap is a song, nay an anthem, that's been on repeat on my itunes for an unhealthily long time.
The song itself has the chilling, ghostly instrumentals and high-pitched, androgynous vocals indicative of the Indie-esqe style. However, I think it's the music video, not the song,  that make me revisit Love Lost, in particular, over and over. I replay the song with the video in my head and I get so much more meaning from it than just.the.song.

Lemme break it down----
The song alone is like a green-yellowy banana, I'll eat it and it'll taste good and I'll still get a healthy dose of potassium and vitamin A&B but the song-vid combo is like the yellow-brown-spotted Nanner. It is at its ripest, peak of potential, eat-it-right-this-very-moment, don't-even-need-peanutbutter stage.

Now I've expressed my love for the music video but it's even more than that. I think the reason I've been infatuated by it so much recently is because it's such a rare little gem. It's a prime example of that hard-to-find perfect brown-spotted Nanner version of something. That "feels-oh-so-right" formula that gives you goosebumps allover, whether it's a thing, idea, or person.

And even though it's hard to find those topshelf Nanners, I think looking for them is worth it because once you start paying attention and snatchin em up bushel by bushel you'll eventually hone in on a pretty awesome thing, a version of the world that makes you the most happy. And in the end, isn't that what it's really all about anyways?

No comments:

Post a Comment