Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Thirstiest LateNight Burrito Muncher

Went to Milledgeville for a weekend filled with nifty costumes and weird dance moves! 
Visited Nicky and we went to a Neewollah (Halloween) party. Kermit and Ms. Piggy were our choices of attire and, let me tell you, we were a SENSATIONNN. People stopped us on the streets with comments like "Nice choice!" or "You rock it sister". The best were the people that just gave us thumbs up though. It was a silent gesture that said "I would be friends with you because of your costume choice".

We started at an underground bar called "Chops" and I got to see tons of old friends. Reunited and it felt so good. Although I was happy to see some old faces, there was one instance of a girl with reall glossy eye lashes who saw me, stormed over to me, and wrapped me in her lanky embrace. Who was this full-bodied lash queen?  To me, it is still a mystery. After her sloppy attempt at a hug she just kind of wandered off without even a word. One of the thumbs-up street friends we had met earlier? Most likely.

We then went to some other place that had stairs to a balcony that overlooked the whole bar. We were talking and schmoozing with an occasional dance move here and there and my friend Gist dared me to go dance across the balcony. I was feeling the crowd so I went for it. I lanked an impromptu dance across the balcony and for a dramatic finish bound down the stairs with my hands waving in the wind. However, I was so focused on production value that I lost my footing and pulled and Atlanta Grape Lady falling down a couple stairs. Ohh ohh ohh oh ehhh aahh ooh. I twisted my ankle, but I recovered soon enough to not let on that there had been a flaw in the performance.

Later that night I went for some Barberritos. Burritos in my belly? Yes Puhleez. It was my turn to order and the man asked "Beans or Rice?" I am fairly (100percent) certain I said," No beans!"but to my dismay he plopped em right on anyways. Eh, I could live with a few beans. I just wanted food, and fast! As I got to the end at the cash register the girl asked if I would be having a beverage. First of all, beverage is pretentious. Just say drink or soda or something. This is a late night burrito joint for the love of god. Anyways, I replied I'd just like a cup for water and I pointed at the unmarked cups behind the counter. The woman, little mrs. attitude, sasstastically replied "Those cups are only for beer. We only have bottles of water." Uhh whaaat? I was not taking THIS nonsense after the beans incident. So, I went over to the soda fountain and pressed the water button. As it was running down the drain, never to be drunken by any thirsty patron, I asked, "What's this for then?" (I know I was being rude but I had had it). Then the line that really turned me sour: "Those are for daytime customers only" OH NO SHE DID NOT. Like I am not granted the same drinking privileges as daytime eaters. Raadiculous. Absurd. No no. Not Having it.

I was fed up but I was more into the idea of getting fed so I just ate my burrito in bitterness but the next time I'm in Milledgeville if I happen to eat at Barberittos again, I'm gonna give Aleisha, the sassiest employee in all late night eateries, a real piece of my mind. Sidenote: Beans were a nice surprise and the burrito was filling and delicious! 

No comments:

Post a Comment